On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

16 February 2023

Hot Peanuts or...

Top of the Pops 16
 
 

 

Hot Chip are an English indie band from London, launched in 2000. The group consists of multi-instrumentalists Alexis Taylor, Joe Goddard, Al Doyle, Owen Clarke, & Felix Martin, with Rob Smoughton & Leo Taylor filling out the line-up for live performances. 

 

Hot Chip - Made in the Dark, EMI 5179172, 2008.
all decryption codes in comments


Out at the Pictures
Shake a Fist
Ready for the Floor
Bendable Poseable
We're Looking for a Lot of Love
Touch too Much
Made in the Dark
One Pure Thought
Hold On
Wrestlers
Don't Dance
Whistle for Will
In the Privacy of Our Love 

 

 

 

 

Hot Chip - A Bath Full of Ecstasy (Japan edition), Beat Records BRC-603, 2019.

Melody of Love
Spell
Bath Full of Ecstasy
Echo
Hungry Child
Positive
Why Does My Mind
Clear Blue Skies
No God

bonus tracks (for Japan)
None of These Things
Spell (Superorganism remix)
 
 
 


Found this the other day over at The Swamp while I was working on stuff. Hot Chip mix up their 2008 album Made In The Dark, which celebrates it's 15th anniversary this year. 
 
 
 

One Pure Thought
Don't Dance
Ready for the Floor
Bendable Poseable
Shake a Fist
Hold On
We're Looking for a Lot of Love

Bath time,

10 comments:

  1. Made in the Dark
    X8hCZcL4X9YqOivzoeYsicPG95LPFvB0U8s-N9pxXRI
    A Bath Full of Ecstasy
    4nJo5um5h4HB3k_11iyKmCquuTZmAYw53DXwUJyk6-M
    Made in the Dark mixed up
    M_JfX_1y9zKifUb_jysP_3EcF_5fzwqPxyfpWhRU5to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nathan Just listening to some of the records you so generously display.
    As feedback, some stuff I found to my liking too
    Cheers
    Diego
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr6bfURW-5k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMn4cRO78xw&list=OLAK5uy_lgI8xrG4LSzT77eCw1rSNwtdvYvbaEVQ8&index=3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a good friend of this here mess, I appreciate your comments & links. I'm glad some of the stuff this month is getting through.

    As you well know, this months offerings are not the usual around here. Just thought I'd dedicate this February to some other music that might well get overlooked.

    Not all of it is to everyone's taste (not that anything around here really is), but I try to share things that for some reason or other are on my musical radar at the moment.

    An on-going debate/argument that I participate in with a handful of others as to the viability of music past/present sometimes leaves me saddened by the fossilization of some of the participants mental faculties. I try ever so hard to permit a universal timelessness to the sounds entering my mind, allowing them to be "of the moment" as I have often posited.

    But it's late at night & my old mind is just rambling.

    I have exciting things on tap after this project.
    The March Madness manifesto will spell out the begining.
    Then some April Fools.

    Thanks Diego for the links & words. Sorry if I got carried away. One of those nights.

    Be here now.
    If the musick soothes the savage breast, then it is good.
    That's all it need be.
    That's how musick's magick works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, getting carried away in "one of those nights" is what we call "Life" or part of it. Feels great to have the time for it.
      Just going for one of those tonight since I have a day off tomorrow.
      Neighbors already took to the hills grabbing their most valued posessions and pets.
      Both links I sent are fresh music too but I couldn't find the records themselves yet.
      Specially wanted you to listen to Augenwasser. The John Cale- WolgangPressish voice on top of a Tuxedomooning track seemed to me close to your tastes.
      Hope you found a new bong.
      Special cheers to AJ, hope you're ok, I also read your blog.
      Diego

      Delete
    2. Really enjoyed both links. Looking for Augenwasser's latest & back-catalogue (two others, I believe). I have Ingredients self-titled if you're interested. I can put a link here. Just let me know. Themes from Great Cities been Frenz of NØ for a good while. Enjoy your evening off & day tomorrow.

      Buenas noches, querido amigo.

      Delete
    3. Hey Nathan I'd love to have a link to the Ingredient's record if possible.
      There's a Blue Nile touch in them I really enjoy..
      Hope you're allright, great sailor of the digital waves...
      Diego

      Delete
    4. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to any who have downloaded Ingredient. I listened to it last night & it was the worst rip I have ever done. It was a complete jumble of glitches & skips & stutters. I don’t know what happened.

      I have re-ripped it & this time listened to it instead of just “trusting the process”. It is now pristine. Once again, sorry to all.

      Here is the new link:

      Ingredient - Ingredient (2022)
      https://mega.nz/file/SttiBDyR#xiRLyU1F6px9wZrA-WIQ0dWLuqKHvZua8K_hfPDtGts

      from the ole sailor of the digital waves.

      Delete
    5. Bong goes the weasel. Thank you very much.
      Saludos.
      Diego

      Delete
  4. Hey Nathan, As an irregular commenter and poster I've found the Feburary fabulousness posted here a great way to introduce myself to bands and music I haven't heard before. I've downloaded 15 files to sample so far and I'm really looking forward to hearing them. I'll let you know what I think ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. AJ, you're another friend of this mess that I've been aware of for years. Thanks for going along with this experiment. Hope some of the things you've found so far give you some enjoyment. There appears to be about 60 folks taking this ride, dl'ing every day. To you AJ, to Diego above, & all you who are sticking with this...my deepest appreciation.

    ReplyDelete