On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

04 October 2023

The Sum of All Shapes

 

Tapping into the workings of some of my favorite Glaswegian Noise disciples. 

 



sumshapes is a noisy guitar trio from Glasgow started in 2013. Ali Begbie, Richie Dempsey & Jer Reid used to play together in Dawson way back when there was Dawson. 

 

sumshapes - Cabin Biscuits, Gruff Wit Records gruff019, 2017.
decryption code in comments

side A (other) -
Itchy Eye   
Might Not   
Mesh Tabbard   
First XI   

side B -
Literally in the Lap of the Gods    
(Bruce Lee's) Buffet   
If I Stop Carry on Without Me   
Northern   
Normal as Fuck

bonus track -
Might Not (demo)

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. sumshapes - Cabin Biscuits
    2SpTGDzLAbOVuSOk823-dangpOsN-9VL_KcEWnujK1o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely not among those who have been "over-joyed" since Dubtember ended, and yet this is definitely more like it for me. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dubtember is just something that seeps into my veins from time to time. Over for now & back to the usual insanity around here. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I do like Glasgow bands a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a deep place in my soul for Glasgow noise. For a while in the late 80s / early 90s it was almost all that I listened to. I've shared Dawson, Stretchheads, & more. I was going to do a February full-month run last year but ended going a different direction, so I've been trickling out the Glasgow noise in ever month. Still have more like Archbishop Kebab, Jazzateers, Josef K, & more to go. Stay tuned & thanks for the comment.

      Delete