On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

21 March 2014

Scott Asheton R.I.P.



A great example of Scott ‘Rock Action’ Asheton’s drum chops…
T.V. Eye - from The Stooges – Fun House, Elektra EKS 74071, 1970.


Who ever thought, back in the early 70s, that Iggy would be the last Stooge standing?

Original Stooges drummer Scott Asheton, who co-founded the band in 1967 alongside Iggy Pop, bassist Dave Alexander (who passed away in 1975) & brother guitarist Ron Asheton (who died in 2009) has died.

No cause of death has been given, but he had been unwell since suffering a stroke after the band played at Hellfest in France in 2011. His last studio appearance was on last year’s album Ready To Die.

Confirming that Asheton had passed away on Saturday, Pop said in a statement:

Scott was a great artist. I have never heard anyone play the drums with more meaning. He was like my brother. He & Ron have left a huge legacy to the world. The Ashetons have always been, & continue to be, a second family to me. My thoughts are with his sister Kathy, his wife Liz, & his daughter Leanna, who was the light of his life.

R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment