On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

04 January 2022

Who’s Behind the Masque?

 

Switching things up...early L.A. punk recorded live at The Masque, a small punk rock club in central Hollywood, California which existed from 1977 to 1978. It was located at 1655 North Cherokee Avenue, between Hollywood Boulevard & Selma Avenue. It is fondly remembered by those who hung out there as the nexus of the Los Angeles punk subculture. 

 

Various - Live from The Masque - Forming, Year One Records 71002-2, 1996.
all decryption codes in comments

Teenage    
Hitman    
Life of Crime    
Solitary Confinement    
Destroy All Music
Neutron Bomb     - The Weirdos
TV Dinner    
Violent Girl    
Animal Call    
Chainsaw    
Survive - The Bags
Let's Pretend    
No God    
The Slave    
Shutdown    
Hang on to Yourself    
Forming - Germs
Building Models    
Incomplete Suicide    
Nervous Breakdown    
Babies    
Victims    
Kill Me, Kill Me - The Skulls 
Year One Records 71003-2, 1996.

Government Official    
Take Over the World    
Hillside Strangler    
Out There / Sick of You    
Bad Girl
In A Haze    
Do The Nihil - F-Word
Gimme a Little Pain    
One More Chance to Survive    
Jailhouse Rock    
Nothing Means Nothing - The Alleycats
Year One    
Blue Spark    
We're Desperate    
I'm Coming Over    
Adult Books    
Heater    
Los Angeles - X
Cosmetic Couple    
Lay Off She's Mine
Unidentified    
Nothing - The Zeros
 
 

Eniwetok
Take That Qaalude Now
Go-Go Bee
The Happy Song
She's Dead
Disneyland - The Eyes
I'm OK, You're OK
Shake & Bake
Shadow Man
Canyon
You Drive Me Ape (You Big Gorilla)
Hideous - The Dickies
Let's Get Rid of New York
Tricia
ABC
Let's Get Rid of L.A - The Randoms
Idi Amin
Randy's intro by Dick Brain
Loner with a Boner
Trouble at the Cup - Black Randy & the Metro Squad

Enjoy,


12 comments:

  1. Vol 1
    gjQlPUnZ5SBWiiCrerzLetriTcgY0gi2q-UQr0mKr40
    Vol 2
    0xKeZvL2ndLQkuj76cqMGKGFJAEfJ7LGyMQcpP2Mssk
    Vol 3
    XFJ1IenOpy90HoX9CkjbbfBSe2Q1UCnSV5fZ5OLADHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought these when they came out. Great choice for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, b-stump. Glad to serve up this steaming heap of goodness.

      Delete
  3. If I could take just one trip in a time machine, I might very well choose to land at 1655 North Cherokee Avenue in 1977, so that I could witness the creative mayhem at The Masque. Thank you for posting these records!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I might catch yer interest with these. I know yer a sucka for some good first-wave L.A. punk. I’ve got more coming later in the month. & by the way, Happy New One & wishing you a better year done joyously.

      Delete
  4. WOWZA, you and Jonder starting out strong in 2022...well, I got a lot done over my 2 week vacation gonna put a little bit up today to try to match then the rest next week. Yeah, Jonder I think I would choose that spot too in the wayback machine. HANX!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks brother. Looking forward to what yer posting up. Better 2022.

      Delete
  5. NØ, thanks for these. I've been on an X kick lately and I'm excited to check these live tracks (and The Randoms, and all the others).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your liking the L.A, Punk. A favorite lot of music. As I told Jonder, I’ll be having some more early L.A. punk chaos later on this month. By the way, did you see the Dec. 21st post of your requests?

      Delete
  6. A much appreciated upgrade to my old copies these comps (though I'm not sure I'll be able to tell the difference given the source recordings) -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you again, MD. You might not be able to tell, fer sure. These are pretty raw recordings. Buncha punks, you know.

      Delete
  7. When these records came out, Exene put on a record release party at Boardners (which was across the street from the Masque) Brendan ended up getting the keys to open the basement up. It looked as it did in the Decline. Nothing touched. Kicked myself for not having a camera at the time!

    ReplyDelete