On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

21 October 2022

Black Market Finds

 

Getting ready for All Hallow's Eve. Putting together some playlists & mixtapes for the occassion. Thought I'd post up some of the source material I'm sifting through. Start off light & try to get heavier as the mood develops. Here are a few shorts from Black Market Dub to begin.
 

These selections feature: Black Market - production, mixing, Dub, mastering,  guitar; & Leroy 'Horsemouth' Wallace - drums, with... Mired - production, synths, melodica, sampling & Wise Owl - bass, piano, organ, & percussion where noted.

Black Market in collaboration with Mired & Wise Owl bring you five Dub reggae songs themed after five different Twilight Zone episodes. 

 


The Obsolete Man
The Howling Man
Room Twenty-two
The Hitchhiker
Eye of the Beholder 

 



It took nearly 25 years for Twin Peaks: The Retutn. It took almost an entire year for this most recent Black Market Dub collection, Welcome to Twin Peaks, the ultimate Lynchian Dub nightmare. 

 


Twin Peaks Dub
Laura Palmer's Dub
Audrey's Dub
Nightengale Dub 
 
 
 


The Outer Limits of Dub is here. Pure, heavy, Jamaican dance music. This EP is full of UFOs, pandoras boxes, & intergalactic invaders of Dub. 
 

The Outer Limits of Dub
Zanti Dub
Dub 'til Doomsday
Dub with a Glass Hand
 
 
 
 
 

About this one,Black Market sez:
     "Happy October my fellow ghouls. This time Chudan & I bring you four remixes of the fabulous Phantasm soundtrack. If you haven't seen this movie, please put it on this month. It is a lost classic, up there with Halloween & all the other great 70s and 80s slashers.' 
 
 

Phantasm Dub (Black Market remix)
The Tall Man on Main Street (Chudan remix)
Mineshaft Chase (Chudan remix)
It's Never Over (Black Market remix)
 
 
 
 
 


About this one,Black Market sez:
     "You probably know I'm a freak about Halloween, so I had to deliver some spooky tunes for you. Dawn of The Dread is very loosely based on the film and its themes, but it features completely original music. I didn't think I could do much with the (perfect and amazing) original score by Goblin so Wise Owl & I made our own tunes." 
 

Dawn of the Dread
Destroy on Sight
Radio Chatter Dub
No More Room in Hell 


HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

13 comments:

  1. Many a blessing for the weekend ! Did you clock the subconcious rare release recently of skinny puppy and co?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't, but please kind S.huggler, tell me more (tell me more...tell me more).

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.subcontoy.com/cds-and-posters/subconscious-various-artists-rare-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks NØ!! Nice dubz for the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phantasm and dub is like chocolate and peanut butter! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Sir, nice selection & new to Moi but Black Market meets Mired & Wise Owl - In the Twilight Zone seems to also be Twin peaks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Smartnoise. They were both there & both different, but I had switched the links so the names were reversed. Fixed. Thanks again.

      Delete
  7. http://opdk1.blogspot.com/2022/10/general-trees-ghost-rider-sunset-lp-1985.html Recorded at Harry J's, bit o' Dancehall fer ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in joy and ecstasy with your recent posts Nathin'....(a blogger dare mess with GOBLIN?? who I have seen live)...I will buy Phantasm DVD at your suggestion and try to get by Halloween...Amazon to the rescue! The Twin Peaks dub is GOLD dear Sir! HH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I didn't think I could do much with the (perfect and amazing) original score by Goblin so Wise Owl & I made our own tunes."

      Delete