On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

09 October 2022

Prompted by Other Blogs, Part 3

I'm always cruising around the interweb, looking for interesting music. I'll see or hear something out there that sets me on a path. 

 



I recently started checking out A Few Good Times in My Life blog since friend Jonder added it to his list over at jonderblog

 



The other day A Few Good Times featured Hadsworth Revolution by Steel Pulse.

 



Steel Pulse are one of the best UK reggae outfits ever. I included an expanded & remastered version of their Earth Crisis on a April 2018 post called Dubbin’ Me Now because of the great Dubs that were bonus tracks on that particular version. You can find it here.

Though basically a great roots reggae band, Steel Pulse have an extensive Dub catalogue, deep enough to whip up this compilation. 

 

Steel Pulse - In Dub, NØ Comp., 2022

Sound Check (Dub)
Dub to My Roots
Ku Klux Klan (Dub)
Revolution Dub (Take 1)
Prodigal Dub
"Dub" Marcus Say (Rally Dub)
Luv Nyah (Nyah Luv Dub)
Soldiers (Dub)
Nyahbinghi
Mansatta
Dubite
Maka Dub
Revolution Dub (Take 1 extended mix)
Prediction Dub (7" mix)
Mark of the Beast
Your House (Dub)
Chant Them in Dub
Dub Squad
"More Dub" Marcus Say
Prodigal Son Dub (Extended mix)
Revolution Dub (Tale 3)
Bad Man Dub (Take 1)
Taxi (dub)
A Who Responsible (Dub)

Enjoy,

9 comments:

  1. Can't resist a NØ Comp of dub! I really like this series you are doing (Prompted by Other Blogs), and I'm glad a had a small part in bringing A Few Good Times to your attention. I found it through the blogroll at Bagging Area.

    Thought of you today when I saw that one of your favorite groups is touring the US: https://legendarypinkdots.org/tour-dates/

    ReplyDelete
  2. For years I've scoured other blogs for great music. At some point I realised that as often as not, rather than actually downloading something, I was sent on a tangential journey into wonderous realms. I finnaly decided that I should mention those blogs that sent me wandering & the posts that were the starting points.

    As a new series, Prompted by Other Blogs has not featured jonderblog. Primarily because I am always being prompted & stimulated by your postings. Many of my posts are the direct result of your postings or comments or our personal communications. I alway try to state in those particular posts just how much I am indebted to your inspiration. Annie Anxiety comes instantly to mind. Underneathica & jonderblog are motivation to much that I do.

    Thank you, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find inspiration and motivation in your blog too. I wasn't fishing for a feature in this series -- and I know you recognize that -- because you have always been a friend and supporter, and I couldn't ask for more than that.

      Delete
  3. I didn't think you had gone fishin'. I just wanted to take the moment to say my thanks .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous 1st album, played it very recently been in rotation since release, saw them at the Notting Hill Carnival years back, awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handsworth is definitely fine. Five or six years ago I picked up a copy of the 2015 Island Deluxe Edition for a good price. It's got the original release, bonus tracks, BBC sessions, & Dub Cuts. Always in my PLAY pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Just discovered you thanks to Gosh Opium. Handsworth Revolution was my favourite British reggae album by some distance. What really got me going was Prodigal Dub here. I had completely forgotten that I also bought the 7". Shivers down the spine - I was still 15 when I bought it! Oh and discogs informs me that the A was "A Porky Prime Cut" which means something to old arses like me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 "𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝" 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙄𝙣 𝙙𝙪𝙗. 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙝𝙮, 𝙣𝙤𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙞𝙢.. ♪♫ 𝙍𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨, 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙚𝙧𝙨 & 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩. 𝙅𝙖𝙝 𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨 🙏. 🖖😎

    ReplyDelete