On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

14 October 2022

Prompted by Other Blogs, Part 4

I'm always cruising around the interweb, looking for interesting music. I'll see or hear something out there that sets me on a path. 

 

Every few days I check out Things & Time Will Tell blog. 

 



A few days ago I noticed a post titled "Sade at the Movies (for Beginners)". Being a career-long Sade fan, I was drawn in.

MM starts off:
     "Sade fans aren't impatient...their last studio release was 2010...I've never heard news, leaks, or promises of a new record coming despite the twelve year gap."

Well, there's this. Stuart Matthewman, multi-instumentalist, songwriter, & original member of Sade's band, told Rated R&B that the singer is back in the studio.
     "We're working on a new album with a bunch of songs fans will love."

MM went on:
     "There's been the occasional 'best of' compilation or vinyl reissue, but we haven't even seen 'deluxe edition' cash-ins packed with demo tracks & no compilations collecting the 12" edits, official remixes, or non-album B sides that are out there."

That set me on this path...

Presenting: a mix of B-sides & non-album tracks; a set of 'super deluxe' remixes; & a compilation of Sade in the House.

Let's start of with one taken from MMs post, "Killer Blow". 

 


Killer Blow
Should I Love You
Room 55
Spirit
Red Eye
Mum
Wired
Haunt Me
Love Affair with Life
Make Some Room
The Big Unknown
Flower of the Universe 

 

 

 

 


Every Word (Paul Helsby remix)
Cherish the Day (Ronin remix)
Why Can't We Live Together (Don Cerati's Color Blind remix)
Your Love is King (Dj Prince bootleg remix)
Stronger than Pride (Eli's No Idea original mix)
Flower of the Universe (No ID remix)
No Ordinary Love (Millok private remake)
Paradise (Pete Le Freq refreq)
Kiss of Life (Sohl's classic mix)
King of Sorrow (Fun Lovin' Criminals remix)
 
 
 
 

No Ordinary Love - Hazmat
I Never Thought I'd See the Day (house cafe mix) - OtherSoul
Hang On to Your Love (remake) -Sample Gee
Couldn't Love You More (special edit) - Spiritchasers
I Never Thought - Musk Men
Love is Stronger than Pride (edit) - Kaytra
Like a Tattoo (motel edit) - Conan Liquid Crates
Wae (refreak) - Dj Spinna
Pearls (rework) - ReelSoul
Nothing Can Come Bewteen Us (remix) - Alysha Kid

Enjoy,

9 comments:

  1. Kind of unexpected but very welcome. Last I heard was Love deluxe, quite a good album.
    I'll happily go through this b-sides.
    Good to leave those Gorgoroth records at rest for a while.
    Cheers and thanks.
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. You filled in my gaps, thank you! So very sweet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't fill your gaps. It wasn't me. You can't prove it. I was busy doin' other stuff. Honest.

      Delete
  3. i'm not the most rabid Sade fan (although i recognize their brilliance and legend status). BUT i am very intrigued by the No ID remix, as I'm currently exploring No ID's production history. sooooooooooo thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good tune and No ID is definitely worth spending some time on! (Of course I'm a Chicagoan and in the right age bracket to be a little biased on that one...)

      Delete
  4. Hey! Thanks for the shout out and the piles of Sade tunes! Glad you've enjoyed. I think I may have told you this once, but running into your blog years ago really help rekindle my excitement for certain corners of my music collection, especially On-U artists I hadn't listened to in a while... which helped lead back to full blown obsession! Thanks for what you do. Glad I was able to "prompt" you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The feelings are mutual. I'm often finding things on your blog that remind me to listen to artists or tunes I'd long forgotten. That often sets me onto "full blown obsession!" Thank you for the generous praise..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite unlikely but the Deftones did a great version of No Ordinary Love! @amyblueband

    ReplyDelete
  7. @amyblueband, thanks for the comment. Long time Sacremento resident. Saw Deftones mant times. Guess this is on B-Sides & Rarities, never heard it before. Actually a surprisingly good cover. Chino sounds really in tune with the whole vibe ( & additional vocal chores by Jonah Matranga are +++). Hope other check out this version.

    ReplyDelete