On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

03 January 2023

Hamish Revisited

I had a busy December so I feel I kinda gave slight to the passing of Hamish Kilgour. 

I posted up one of his solo outings so all could remember a fine musickian.



I just feel I need to touch on some (not even all) of the projects Hamish was involved in during his incredible career: The Clean; Bailter Space; The Moles; Coloring Book; The Great Unwashed; The Mad Scene; Tall Dwarfs; Yo La Tengo; Dean Wareham & many more. 

 

Hamish Kilgour - Trout, NØ Comp., 2023.

Fish - The Clean
The "W" Song - Bailter Space
Little Did I Know - Tiny Ruins & Hamish Kilgour
Thin Air - The Sundae Painters
Bobzilla - The Jessels
Sister Silver - Samara Lubelski
Born in the Wrong Time - The Great Unwashed
The Crasher - The Moles
Allergic Reaction - Roya
Walking Distance - Coloring Book
Quickstep - The Clean
Choose - The Mad Scene
Nutshell of Love - Bill Direen & Friends
One More Reason - Bailter Space
Anesthesia - Dean Wareham
Aversion - The Sundae Painters
End Times - Roya
At the Bottom- The Clean
20th Century Boy - Yo La Tengo
The Runout Groove - Tall Dwarfs

Enjoy,

3 comments:

  1. Interesting post and thanks for the info Nathin' sorry for our loss..just watched FARSCAPE dvd from Jim Henson studios with two episodes and one of the main characters was named Hamish. When I heard it it reminded me of Average White Band Hamish Stuart but now I will think of another being so key to our music scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and thanks for this -- looks like a great collection and I also always think "Trout" when I hear "Kilgour"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just pops into my mind without help. Hamish Kilgour...Trout. How about that beauty he landed?

      Delete