On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

09 January 2023

Prompted by Other Blogs, Part 7

I'm always cruising around the interweb, looking for interesting music. I'll see or hear something out there that sets me on a path. 

 



I've followed Die or DIY blog for more than a decade.  Jonny Zchivago is an Agent Provocateur for musickal madness. He loves to rile things up. He also has some of the deepest insights into the world of crazy music. I don't get a great deal of material from his blog, as it seems the music always falls into three categories for me: 1] Not really interested; 2] Already have it (weird but enjoyable); & 3] Shit. But ever so often something grabs me & I grab it right back.

 



Recently after a short absence (“A prolonged absence may have been noted by your faithful scribe,but i have been an unwilling victim of a Co-Vid variant!”) Jonny posted one by Lemon Kittens (Live 1980 / 81). Even if you're no interested in Lemon Kittens, go read Jonny's screed. You'll surely get a kick out of it. I could relate in several ways. I too suffered through a bout with the Evil Covid & also suffered from the malaise of brain fog that was its calling card. Lemon Kittens were always one of the WEIRD bands that I enjoyed (always a Danielle Dax fan - see Lemon Kitten Pariah post here from last years Fems of Feb. series). So here are a couple early ones - Spoonfed with Dani Dax cover art & Cake Beast with Dax vocals & their second full lenght Those that bite the hand that feeds them sooner or later must meet...The Big Dentist.

 

Lemon Kittens - Spoonfed & Writhing 7", Step-Forward Records SF 10, 1979.

Side 1 -
Shakin ' All Over
This Kind of Dying
Morbotalk
Bookburner

Side 2 -
Whom Do I Have to Ask
Chalet d’Amour
.....Not a Mirror

bonus tracks -
Paper-thin Religion
Go with the Flow
Part of Hettie’s Tradition 
Lemon Kittens - Cake Beast 12" single, United Dairies UD 07, 1981.

Kites Side -
Kites
Only a Rose

Popsykle Side -
Popsykle
 
 
 
 
Lemon Kittens - The Big Dentist, Illuminated Records JAMS 131, 1982.

Side 1 -
They are Both Dirty
The Hospital Hurts the Girl
Mylmus

Side 2 -
No Night not Shared
The Log & the Pin
Nudies
Oath
An Untimely End

Enjoy,

4 comments:

  1. thank you Thank you Thank YOU!!~Suuuch a great post NathanSez I needed this one big time and DYI DIY blog had some real goodies too, Cheers Mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we all can use some more Lemon Kittens. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Die or D.I.Y.'s a good un. Jonny's my kind of provocateur. Thanks for adding/expaning on his Lemon Kitten post. Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I don't really dl a lot from Die or DIY, I love reading Jonny's rants. My kinds provocateur as well. Thanks, rev.

      Delete