On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook. Embiggening the earholes

From Buttholes to Europop, from Loons to Bassoons.

08 September 2026

Dubtember 8 - Under the Spectre of Dub

Talk about Quantum entanglement.

I was working on a write up for the new Soul Revivers release Holding it Down. 

Soul Revivers is a project of Nick Manesseh's. 

At exactly that moment, I received a heads-up from good friend Mooz that I had totally screwed the pooch on this share. 

 

There are two Spectres in the Dub world, & the correct one here is...you guessed it...Nick Manasseh (I guess I should have figured, since I attached a note saying this came from Nick...duh).

Note: The Caversham Monitering Centre certifies that all encrypts were recorded & broadcast from a single lab (code: Manasseh) in Brixton, South London. 

 

Spectre - The Missing Two Weeks (Covert Dubs), RCA 74321 29655 1, 1996.
decryption code in comments

Covert Dub
Spectre Overseas
The Missing Two Weeks    
Throw Down Spears
Spectre in the Dance
Mad Frank Lends a Hand
Blow
Vibration Version
Tribute to Scratch    
Errors    
The Prez
End Games
 
 
 

Enjoy,
NØ

39 comments:

  1. The Missing Two Weeks
    hYbTm6IkMCbkw-0dmNQbEuETMDhAq4COA_kvthn2rMU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello NØ. Thank you for this. Another gem lost on a C90 and now bringing back serene memories of a far gone Summer.
    MarkyD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you again, my friend. Glad to be able to help regain serene memories of a far gone summer. Just the sound of that warms my heart. It is always so good to remember long lost music that meant something special. When I can do that for someone, all is well.

      Delete
  3. Thanks NØ for this post from an unknown world! Thanks for providing me with new songs to explore AND providing MarkyD with serene summer memories! Outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got this after Mooz corrected its provenance. I'm only one man, Jim!

      Delete
  4. Adding to the playlist, looped sounds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christian.

      Delete
    2. I'm looking for the album Two Dogs Fucking (1991) by the band Dayglo Abortions. Can't find anything online but I am extremely curious to hear it. Could you please help me if possible? Thanks

      Delete
    3. Dayglo Abortions - Two Dogs Fucking, Fringe Product FPD3113, 1991.
      https://mega.nz/file/y4cWRSyD#irrS9DNDu5wp__MYlzd2cTQe-VpMNRliAyPLSESp2HA

      Delete
    4. Letters To Cleo - Go! 1997, please!

      Delete
    5. Letters to Cleo - Go!, Revolution 924688-2, 1997.
      https://mega.nz/file/mslhCZAa#iRPmHhss0a16QiyuHNa0rQa1PaGBznB-GeOY76gUv54

      Delete
    6. Great. Everything - ...Oops 1995

      Delete
    7. Ray West - All Pointz West 2009?

      Delete
    8. Ray West - All Pointz West, Ray West self-released, 2009.
      https://mega.nz/file/SotwxThQ#i8Buy80yzBZNUBVs3WDiQNwGdPz1Y7cGNDfSTIpO7-Q

      Delete
    9. Treble Hum - Fear 1993, please!!

      Delete
    10. Treble Hum - Fear cassette, Treble Hum self-released, 1993.
      https://mega.nz/file/KhVFFY4R#DiltgiVCW1gUQAAp9BVHPbtpaiAIDEtd194crPuzGm4

      Delete
    11. Marvelous, UV Rays - Self-Titled (1995)!!

      Delete
    12. UV Rays - UV RAYS, Linear Records 1-001, 1995.
      https://mega.nz/file/Ct0jEK7Q#KCKbBCW6_r_nY24nZMQWDf2PDgD8RsPAvTkxaWZLWFw

      Delete
    13. Sweet Acidophilus - Sweet Acidophilus (1994), please!!

      Delete
    14. Sweet Acidophilus - Sweet Acidophilus, Positive Productions, 1994.
      https://mega.nz/file/35d30ZJQ#ux6uOMK-4LVjaUPTNNn0foCciAjFzO-J-t_HGlQlPUE

      Delete
    15. Masterly, Stage Dive - And Then There's a Rose 2005

      Delete
    16. Stage Dive - & Then There’s a Rose, CD Baby, 2005.
      https://mega.nz/file/nhVElKqI#5DWEq5kQNgDUQEjEs7J7gufw6_9BTxZIHat0bVLqYpw

      Delete
    17. TV On The Radio - Dear Science 2008, please!!

      Delete
    18. TV on the Radio - Dear Science, Interscope Records B001188202, 2008.
      https://mega.nz/file/i4M3gACQ#ZUzPvUtyZeOt1VQAkYi2c78Vy_lTr8-sGpNM2LKK68o

      Delete
    19. Magnificent, Brother Cane - Wishpool 1998!!

      Delete
    20. I think I'll pass on this one. Sorry.

      Delete
    21. Don't worry, it's fine.

      Delete
  5. Aha I started listening before Mooz intervention and could not figure how Spectre would do dubs from reggae tunes... Thanks for the Manasseh connection, deep bass ! For those interested, these files (with yesterday's at least) are in .flac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuff I shared on Rebel Roots, some 320 & some FLAC.

      Delete
    2. Due to the "Mooz intervention" I want to share the single that accompanies this album as I think I may have messed up NØ's schedule for Dubtember. However I don't think anyone would complain about more Manasseh in their collection.

      https://mega.nz/file/Mm902JgR#JMrZj_lzx7IbMAxUIl9sw17AE3HQt7TV14b3KcFRkHQ

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much for the "Moox Intervention". I need all the friends like you I can get. I'm so glad that I could fix my stupidity without too much egg on my face.

      Glad you re-commented the link to the single, as you say, can never have too much Nick. I didn't really know how to put the link without the rest, which I was too embarrassed to print.

      Thanks for having my back, brother.

      Delete
    4. Us music nerds stick together. I meant no embarrassment, I had previously confused the two Spectre's when making my own mixes and could relate.

      Delete
    5. Thanks for the single, Mooz, hope you're doing fine !

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this and for the others !
    So, he is the "Spectre" working with "Sensational" at the end of the '90s (?) (there is also more than one rapper named "Sensational")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have any info on this when I shared it on Rebel Roots other than the note (which clearly sez Manasseh but that I didn't re-read, obviously). When I was doing the write-up I put the wrong info but thanks to friend Moox, all is well.

      Delete
    2. Finally he isn't the Spectre I expected ( https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/4991-Spectre ), your post is about Spectre (6) according to Discogs... ( https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/231709-Spectre-6 )
      The one I knew makes instrumental dark industrial hip-hop...

      Delete
  7. Hi NØ!!! Its been a long time. I m so happy that you keep the fire burning!!! I remember playing this gem non stop back in the days !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you again, my dear friend. Hope everything is going better for you these days. Hope you & your daughter are surviving this crazy life. Have missed you. Thank you so much for the comment. It is people such as yourself that keep my fire burning.

      Delete