On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

01 September 2021

So begins Dub September...the 30 Days of Dub.

 Note:  I dreamt up this idea several weeks ago & have been preparing it with much deliberation. There are a few offerings that will make you wonder once again for my sanity or lack there-of. There are one's that are not necessarily pristine. One had the final track so messed up that I couldn't even rip it & had to substitute another track (a bonus track from the CD from the same session). I was still heavily influenced by my positive appraisal of 21st Century Dub & was weighted a bit in that direction. I didn't want to post things I felt were more well known, available elsewhere. I didn't want to post anything I already had (you wouldn't believe the problems that caused...big whole). I didn't want to trumpet the big names: Tubby; Joe Gibbs; Coxsone; Prince Jammy; Bunny Lee; Lee Perry...

but this was all before Pipecock blasted off.

So I've already been paying tribute to the Mage of DUB. I'll probably change up entries when the Super Ape mood comes calling, but I'll try not to be too maudlin. I'll stick to the plan as I can. Nice to start off with some of the finest 21st Century work...Martin Campbell & Alien Dread.

Sept. 1

all decryption codes in comments

Side A -
Rebel Salute
Jungle Walk
Rich Dub
Concrete Stepper
Siren (Callin' Alien Dread)

Side B -
Firstlight
Everyman's Hand
Bone Yard Dub
Freewheelin'
Siren (Signin' Off) 
 
 
 
Alien Dread - In Dub with Martin Campbell, Log On! LOGLP 025-10, 2012.

Side A -
Circus Crazy Dub
Love Has Left the Land Dub
Remove the Barrier Dub
River Babylon Dub

Side B -
Say Dub
Look in the World
Find the Road Dub
Stumbling Block Dub

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. MC w/AD
    RlnJf7ZZsy1nKkhG9phwM2HjKpdNAasDQRBFva6hkWY
    AD w/ MC
    ANZWtRsfVHJi9DskeWBdrepAjBZw9fJfZlCVhi0_7aY

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRING ON THE DUB - YEAH BUDDY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. magniflewhump. thank you clever. best twitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to these September Songs, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all. Here Come d' Dub, Here Come d' Dub.

    ReplyDelete