On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

01 November 2023

Dia de Los Martinas

I'm always cookin' up too much music for a proper serving so I end up with Tupperware containers full of leftovers. These are leftovers from October's Tricky & some midnight snacks...two more items from Martina Topley-Bird & one more from the Trickster.

 



First up is a more rockin' Downtempo than usual from this (for some reason here unhyphenated) Bird. Nyuh uh uh, (Dis)Honest Jon... 

 

Martina Topley Bird - Some Place Simple, Honest Jon’s Records, 2010.
all decryption codes in comments

Baby Blue
Phoenix
Lying
Da Da Da
Orchids
Poison
Intro
Snowman
Sandpaper Kisses
All Day
Ilyah
Valentine
Too Tuff to Die
Kiss Kiss Kiss
Harpsichord Kiss
 
 
 
 

I couldn't ignore this Martina mix EP with vocal paring with the late great Mark Lanegan. 
No. 19 Music, 2013.

Side A -
Crystalised (Directors Cut Signature mix)
Crystalised (Directors Cut Unmarked Dub

Side B -
Crystalised (Agoria remix)
Crystalised (Deniz Kurtel remix)

bonus tracks -
Crystalised (original mix)
Crystalised (Agoria remix/Dixon vocal retouch
 
 
 
 


I decided that a lot of folks were liking the Tricky bits as well so I thought I'd share this, his 2020 Fall to Pieces as well as four bonus tracks from the 2021 Fall to Pieces Remixes & two from the 20,20 single. 
 
Tricky - Fall to Pieces, False Idols, 2020.

Thinking of   
Close Now.   
Running Off   
I'm in the Doorway   
Hate this Pain   
Chills Me to the Bone   
Fall Please   
Take Me Shopping    
Like a Stone   
Throws Me Around   
Vietnam
bonus tracks -
Like A Stone (Trentemøller remix)
Fall Please (Kahn remix)   
I'm in the Doorway (La Timpa remix)   
Vietnam (Lafawndah remix)
Lonely Dancer featuring Anika
M

Enjoy,

3 comments:

  1. Some Place Simple
    OIhFgiIPKjvbpO-XCcDTqK3NMScQ7zehxhyFxB1KFrE
    Crystalized
    BdlrzZlxlZpP7CiMgPJfCgYgpGvFEd4QIVXYZNnhTRM
    Fall to Pieces
    UBWnHtWmnD4UwpDZwl1Ec8K9jI6c9i2QynrYPmeoJSk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never come across this album before so I look forward to listening to both it and the bonus tracks. Many thanks!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if you meant Fall to Pieces or Crystalized as both feature bonus tracks, but either way, thanks & I don't think you'll be disappointed.

      Delete