On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

22 September 2022

Flogging...For Anton

 

I wasn't going to post up any new music until I got a response or two about my last post. However, the untimely death of drummer Anton Fier made me change my mind.

Feelies, Lounge Lizards, Pere Ubu, Golden Palominos...the list goes ever onward. One of the good ones.

The Golden Palominos - A Dead Horse, Celluloid CELCD 6138, 1989.

Wild River
Shattered Image
Angel of Death
Lucky
Darklands
A Letter Back
Over

Here the Golden Palominos are: Anton Fier - drums; Robert Kidney - guitar & vocals; Amanda Kramer - vocals; Nicky Skopelitis - guitar; Chuck Leavall - keyboards; Bernie Worrell - organ; Bill Laswell - bass; & Aiyb Dieng- percussion.

R.I.P. Anton,

4 comments:

  1. Thank you.
    RIP Anton
    )
    )........

    ReplyDelete
  2. muchas gracias,thanks a lot, great blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I listened to "The Sound Of The Sand And Other Songs Of The Pedestrian" by David Thomas And The Pedestrians, especially the track "The Crickets In The Flats" features the excellent drumming by Anton Fier. Love your blog. Thank you, greetings from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nate, R.I.P. Anton. Left a lot of good beats behind for us

    ReplyDelete