On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

16 May 2023

Always on My Mind

For the next three posts I'm going to be featuring artists that I have touched on before, Massive Attack, Azam Ali, & Morcheeba. I've followed all three throughout their careers & listen to them regularly. The selections I decided on have been always on my mind but never posted here. 

 



I'll start with Massive Attack. I remember when Blue Lines came out. I ate it up. It was the best. 

Then I heard Protection / No Protection & I was over the moon. This was the best. 

Then Mezzanine showed its insectoid face. It was an out of body experience. It was the best. & so it went with Massive Attack...every release the perfect vehicle of its time. 

100th Window. Sublime. 

 


The last real Massive Attack release was 2010s Heligoland. Any time I hear "Pray for Rain" with vocals by Tunde Adebimpe I shudder. 

Many of the usual guest vocalists are assembled: Horace Andy; Martina Topley-Bird; Hope Sandoval; Damon Albarn. This is the best.

 

Massive Attack - Heligoland, Virgin 5099960946621, 2010.
decryption code in comments

Pray for Rain
Babel
Splitting the Atom
Girl I Love You
Psyche
Flat of the Blade
Paradise Circus
Rush Minute
Saturday Come Slow
Atlas Air

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. eeocQTXvGiNmOiqwXtBH1qFUC1KX6C-JortPr6Rp2jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly as you said NØ. Back in the days "blue lines" "protection" and "mezzanine" were the best. I can remember the feeling of greatfulness listening these 3 for months and years...Also "No protection" was a mystic journey!!Thanks for "Heligoland".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kostas.p. I'm to this day never far from Massive Attack.

      So for you or anyone else digging the Massive Attack, here’s a Massive comp. that I made.

      Massive Attack - Massive, NØ Comp., 2023.
      https://mega.nz/file/b5cFASjS#i0ktJ5uTLvzvSNiq54PbSfSWLC6UAd9y3EuBFI3WBk0

      Delete