On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

14 May 2023

Missing the Mark

When I posted up two tracks, "Vanishing Shadows" & "Welcome to It" by Liela Moss in the S-EXY New Faces set, friend Jonder reminded me that Liela had been vocalist (& more) in The Duke Spirit. I was mildly surprised that she sounded quite different from the rocking style my mind associated with The Duke Spirit. Being only a casual TDS listener, I hadn't recognized the name.



Jonder also mentioned that Duke Spirit guitarist (& more) Toby Butler could be found working under the moniker IYEARA. Thanks, Jonder.

Looked around for some IYEARA tracks & really enjoyed what I found. Here's some of what I stumbled across in my quest. 

 

Various - In I YEAR An I Day, NØ Comp., 2023.

Exhale - IYEARA
Magenta - The Duke Spirit
Killing Moon - Roman Remains
Lost Highway - LUSTS
A&E - The Ting Tings
London - Paris Youth Foundation
Shout featuring Liela Moss - IYEARA
Memories & Faces - Liela Moss
Muscles & Bugs (Empty Grave remix) - True Ghouls
Here I Am - The Boxer Rebellion
May I be the Light - LUMP
Score the Sky - Lost Horizons
W4U - Joycut
Enclosure - IYEARA
     (all tracks remixed by IYEARA)
 
 


While digging around for those tracks I came across this gem.  Mark Lanegan Band - Another Knock at the Door (IYEARA remixes of Somebody’s Knocking). Music is a lesser place without Mark. Although I was not always on board for all his musical ventures, his voice was soulful, dark, full of melancholy, divine. This album is a winner in my book. A great addition to Mark Lanegan's legacy. 
 
 

Here IYEARA is guitarist Toby Butler, producer Malcolm Carson, & vocalist Paul O’Keeffe. 
 
 
 
 
Flooded Soil Recordings FSR01LP, 2020.
decryption code in comments


Side A -
Disbelief Suspension    
Letter Never Sent
Night Flight to Kabul

Side B -
Dark Disco Jag
Gazing from the Shore
Stitch it Up
Playing Nero

Side C -
Penthouse High
Paper Hat
Name & Number

Side D -
War Horse featuring Liela Moss
Radio Silence
She Loved You
Two Bells Ringing

Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. fgAWAE21YiF7pipRM9DfLVjtLujhPupFsMWeDN66esg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great one, Nathan! For anybody wondering (as I was), the decryption code above is for Another Knock At The Door. The IYEARA compilation can be downloaded without a decryption code. I love Liela's voice on "The Killing Moon".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, jonder. I should have labeled the code better. I don't code protect any of the comps. I make myself. Obviously everyone doesn't know. In my own defense, though, Another Knock says 'decryption code in comments' under the album info. Appreciate you.

      Delete
    2. If I'd paid closer attention, I'da knowed that.

      Lanegan's album cover and Glorious Game (the new one from Black Thought with the El Michels Affair) look slightly similar -- or maybe I took too many knocks to the head.

      https://elmichelsaffair.bandcamp.com/album/glorious-game

      Delete
  3. Wow thanks guys, never heard this Mark release and yes, I sure do miss him!

    ReplyDelete