On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

22 September 2023

Dubtember 22

I keep being somewhat flabbergasted ever time that the day's Newcomer is someone Old Skool, like Mighty Diamonds are today. Then I kinda get it. A lot of these artists are basically Reggae artists & that's not really an area of expertise to me. But so many great Reggae artists ended up with at least something that they called Dub. 

 



Mighty Diamonds vocal trio formed in 1969 in the Trenchtown area of Kingston, JA. The group consisted of lead vocalist Donald "Tabby" Shaw along with two of his school chums, harmony vocalists Fitzroy "Bunny" Simpson & Lloyd "Judge" Ferguson. Their smooth harmonies & choreographed stage show were inspired by Motown vocal groups of the 1960s,

You might wonder, like some did when I shared LKJ in Dub, what is the point of Dub versions of vocal or lyric dominated tunes. In my ignorance of many things Reggae, I have probably missed a great deal of fantastic music. But I dig deep into Dub & when I come across an album like Deeper Roots Dub, it enables me to hear these great songs, yes, sans words, yet...

The greatness of the tunes should never be diminished by the Dub. As I sez in the past: "Dub has the ability to tranlate all the meaning of the songs into sounds that tap the heart of our unity."

Give this a listen, I think you'll get what I'm laying down... 

 

Mighty Diamonds - Deeper Roots Dub, Virgin Frontline FLD 6001, 1997.
decryption codes in comments

Reality Dub
Blackman Dub
Dreadlocks Time Dub
Diamonds & Pearls Dub
One Brother Short Dub
Bodyguard Dub
4000 Years Dub
Master Plan Dub
Two by Two Dub
Be Aware Dub
 
 
 
 

Another offering from Scratch---may he Rest In PureDub. 
 
 


Daydreamflix session is a Alpine Dub soundclash recorded in 2017 in the heart of the Swiss Alps at Lee Perry's Secret Laboratory. The Daydreamflix multimedia project offers an escape from the quarantines of the pandemic madness into pure Dub art insanity. 
 
Dubokaj meets Lee Scratch Perry - Daydreamflix, Sound of Art to Come SOAC03, 2022.

Side A
Planiemore   
Dub Breeze
In the Moon Yeah
Rotterdambi
Mountainwater

Side B -
Daydreamflix
Dubmarine
Working Man
Hahn Solo
Piranha
Sunshine
Cover Me

non-LP bonus tracks -
Planiemore Collage
Titanic Eight
Dragsville Drowns
Dubmarine Hannah

Dub Onward,

5 comments:

  1. Deeper Roots Dub
    _DId_vsaWxIlQlJAhzE5SCimf__pGDBcP3S72LFjraM
    Daydreamflix
    8Bv8d0Eh-cowM_IbI0UpgUx3-hu9GI52W4uaori5OOA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Deeper Roots is among The Mighty Diamonds best album ever along with their mash up Right Time.Ive got the chance to enjoy them back during the heyday of reggae music in the late 70s in Senegal...and still I do have them in my collection.....Big Up NSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. If you like Deeper Roots & you like Dub, this share is right up there on both counts. Enjoy.

      Delete
  3. Harvesting all your kind shares, tryng to keep up.
    A lot of stuff new to my ears.
    A labour of love in this selfish times.
    Can never thank you enough.
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad to share, especially with you my friend. Harvesting things myself right now, trying to keep up. Your kind words are more thanks than I could ever desire. Be safe & happy.

      Delete