On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

02 September 2023

Dubtember 2

That last track on the Salmonella Dub Outside the Dubplates, "Tui Dub (Mad Professor version)" prompted another visit to Dubly Beloved Mad Prof's Dub Me Crazy series, this time Part 9: Science & the Witch Doctor from 1990.

 



Mad Professor has supplied six great works of music here in the past, with two being last Dub September's Parts 10 & 12 of the Dub Me Crazy series. 

 


Anansi Skank
Natural Fact
Blue Ball Fire
Jumbie Umbrella
Cry of the Old Higue
Bacoo in the Bottle
The Coming of the Obeah Man
Bohra Seed
Witches's Brew
Holokoko Dub
Mistaken Identity
H2SO4
 
 
 
 


I'm ashamed to admit that today's Newcomer to NSS is none other than original Toaster Dennis Alcapone. Alcapone demonstrated a stylistic maturity even at this early stage of his career that ranks him right up with the mighty U Roy in the upper echelon of Toasters. I can't believe it has taken this long. Since he's not strictly Dub, I guess I just overlooked him. But that's one of the reasons I do this. So many great artists that get overlooked.

Remedied. Overlooked no more. X2...

This one is from Clement 'Coxsone' Dodd & Studio One (Studio One's first ever pressing). Dennis' debut & it is a scorcher.
 
Dennis Alcapone - Forever Version, Coxsone Records CSL8025, 1971.

Side 1 -
Nanny Goat Version
Run Run
Riddle I This
Baby Version
Sunday Version
Version I Can Feel

Side 2 -
Forever Version
Baby Why Version
Dancing Version
Midnight Version
Sweet Talking Version
Version You to the Ball
 
 
 
 

Here's one from a few years later on Live & Love, a sublael of London, UK Third World Records.
 
Dennis Alcapone - Dread Capone, Live & Love LALP104, 1975.

Side 1 -
Tour the World
Talking Version
Set Up Yourself Youth Man
Gorgon Youth
Repatriation Now

Side 2 -
Dub Rock
Train to Glory
Instrumental Dub
Natty Dread a Lover
Heart of Dub

Dub onward,

11 comments:

  1. Science & the Witch Doctor (Dub Me Crazy Part 9)
    1nwqo2AKEdi4Ym6-fS-e1H9HFaDzmQxNwVRQnelEqhI
    Forever Version
    EIwpYkOUVzm46bAFlmqn-Btio1yWVMRdL-xWQjOFfP0
    Dread Capone
    n27blQX3og6kcINdIpAT3wVfDqOzTnP-WSNrhUok3WI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an "deluxe edition" (i.e., six more tracks) of =Forever Version=.

      Delete
    2. Are you simply stating, bragging, or offering?

      Delete
  2. Thanks NØ! It's the Dubbiest time of year! A time for all dub lovers to rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stating, really. Thought you would be interested. I don't know how to give on the net -- don't have a blog or nuthin -- or I would offer.

    You have many many many more albums than I; bragging would be weird.

    Anyway, I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't shut up. Enjoy all your comments. I was just asking.

      You don't need a blog or anything to upload. There are many easy, free uploaders to use. Google has their own. An easy one is Workupload. https://workupload.com/. Just make a .zip file of the music, use the link, easy to upload, leave the link in a comment.

      I was kidding about the bragging thing. Sorry if my humor is bad. I should have just said, "Were you offering to share, kind sir?" My bad.

      Delete
  4. https://workupload.com/file/HcS84DxrzZG

    dennis alcapone - forever version (deluxe edition) (320kb).rar (129.37 MB)

    (I hope I did this right!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. TO ALL:
    Here's a deluxe version of Forever Version with six more tracks than the one that I posted. It comes courtesy of long-time Friend of NSS Scraps DeSelby. It's his first attempt at uploading. Praise Jah & give him some love. Thanks brother.

    I downloaded the file, unpacked it, & am listening to the bonus track The Conqueror as I type. Perfect...320Kbps, beautifully labeled, & sweet Version. Sir Scraps, you are a virgin no more. Thanks again & welcome to the family.

    ReplyDelete