On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

05 September 2023

Dubtember 5

This time just a Newcomer to NSS, with both reggae & Dub takes. 
 

 

Jorge Baptist was born in Angola. The many musical styles he heard around him deeply influenced his listening. He began actively pursuing music after moving to Portugal & Spain. He taught himself to play guitar & began making a name for himself in the local independent music scene. He moved to the UK in 1999. The multi-cultural influences that shape Baptist's personal style of roots reggae & electric blues guitar sounds are highly unique. Give this a listen whether you prefer reggae or Dub, because I believe you will be uplifted by the heady vibes. 

 

 

Baptist & his band, the Rebels recorded I Got a Tear in 2012. It consists of 13 original roots reggae tunes. There are also 12 tracks of Dub versions.

 

Baptist & the Rebels - I Got a Tear, One Drop Records, 2012.
decryption in comments


Afrikan Diasora
I Got a Tear
Down There
Rastaman Come
Monami
That Feeling
So I Give to Jah
Papa Afrika
One Mother
Jah is My Salvation
This Is a Man's World
War
Reason to Follow Love

 
Afrikan Diapora Dub
I Got a Tear Dub
Down There Dub
Rastaman Come Dub
That Feeling Dub
So I Give to Jah Dub
Papa Afrika Dub
Jah is My Salvation Dub
This is a Man's World Dub
One Mother Dub
War Dub
Reason to Follow Love Dub

Dub onward,

1 comment:

  1. I Got a Tear
    4-UXrltzVyoxgpqVRtMDV2iMcO8g-n7Qv-qpngFy3Sw

    ReplyDelete