On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

02 February 2024

Fab, Trip 2

Previously on this backwater blog I've gush about the greatness of & fawned at the feet of the Bristol Trip-hop originators. This month I intend to share other artists or outfits that heeded the call of the Tripping hop & created their own versions.

So... 

 



At the opposite end of the musical spectrum from the original experimental hip-hop of the likes of DJ Shadow & a continent away (or as she sez: "Half a World Away") is another Englishman from Stratford, this being one Jenny-Bea Christina Englishman from Stratford, Ontario, Canada, a singer-songwriter more popularly known as Esthero. Esthero's style is characteristically her voice over a mix of mellow bass lines, jazzy trumpets, Spanish guitar, & hip-hop. A perfect combination for that ole Trip-hop thang. 

 

Esthero - Breath from Another, Work OK68698, 1998.
decryption code in comments

Breath from Another
Heaven Sent
Anywayz   
That Girl
Country Livin' (The World I Know)
Flipher Overture
Half a World Away
Lounge
Superheroes
Indigo Boy   
Swallow Me
Anywayz Part 2

Enjoy the Trip,

7 comments:

  1. Breath for Another
    W43qEmhAsfg4OLHkM40meG6Pr-Vt9Yo3MhiCKq7m8dY

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gonna be a trippy ride for sure! Thanks NØ!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a good trip. Thanks,k.

      Delete
  3. I have come across the name before but never knew Esthero is a fellow Canadian. Looking forward to this. Many thanks!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several more Canadian artists in this month's selections. Something in the water?

      Delete
  4. Thanks N0! I've been away from this "backwater blog" for too long! (glad to see the term stuck -- was thinking of calling my lawyers for royalty payments but then I remembered I don't have any. I'll take all the great free music as remuneration)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're back with us, MrDave. Missed your acerbic comments. Since I live in these backwaters, the shysters wouldn't be able to squeeze much from my poor coffers. You'll have to just make do with what I offer up here.

      Delete