On any post, if the link is no longer good, leave a comment if you want the music re-uploaded. As long as I still have the file, or the record, cd, or cassette to re-rip, I will gladly accommodate in a timely manner all such requests.

Slinging tuneage like some fried or otherwise soused short-order cook

20 February 2024

Album Hot Flash

While I've been doing this Trip-hop thing, I've been listening to that band from Liverpool on heavy rotation lately. 

You know them, right...The Beatowls. 

 



Violette Records sez:
     "Beatowls’ hall of mirrors reflects the DIY approach of Dean Blunt & Inga Copeland, warps The XX’s millenial longing onto Portishead’s sense of the sinister & distorts Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood’s trippy idealism with the skewed romanticism & foreboding of Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch, Broadcast & Warp Records.

     The band push boundaries with their creative exploration, reflecting the hustle & bustle of Liverpool’s urban-industrial mood & the introspective serenity of life."


Their 2023 Marma album is the best thing I've heard in a while. Here's a tune from that release. All I can recommend is check it out, buy it, support this great new band. 

 



Enjoy,

4 comments:

  1. N0, let me say two things. [1] Really enjoying your trip sequence. [2] Got to hear this! And a third, thanks again for this extraordinary blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to think that there's a method to my madness, but never really sure. Thanks for the confidence builder, RD.

      I can't express how thoroughly I have been enjoying The Beatowls. My daughter turned me on to them. She stays up with the latest & is often giving me great suggestions.

      Delete
  2. Wow have been listening to the album all morning via soundcloud
    Cheers Reb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've been checking it out. I love it. But who doesn't love the Beatowls?

      Delete